Texas A&M University is s comprehensive public (State of Texas) university and covers all fields of higher education. It is also a U.S. Government designated Land Grant, Sea Grant and Space Grant research institution with an annual research budget of some $850 million.
Texas A&M opened its doors in 1876 as the state’s first public institution of higher learning. Today, we stand as a research-intensive flagship university dedicated to sending Aggie leaders out into the world prepared to take on the challenges of tomorrow.
With more than 120 undergraduate degrees, 240 graduate degrees and several professional degrees as options for study, Texas A&M is full of possibilities.
Texas A&M University’s Mays Business School educates more than 5,900 undergraduate, master’s and doctoral students in accounting, finance, management of information systems, management, marketing and supply chain management. The school consistently ranks among the top public business schools.
Mays partners with national and regional business executives to deliver relevant education shaped by industry expectations and insights. Mays’ home in the Wehner Building offers a dynamic learning environment for faculty and students, featuring interactive teaching tools, wireless Internet throughout the building and multiple computer labs.
Mays is accredited by AACSB-International, the premier accrediting agency and service organization for business schools. Our mission is creating knowledge and developing ethical leaders fo
Mays Business School’s mission is to create knowledge and develop ethical leaders for a global society. To fulfill this mission, we pursue the following activities:
- Provide undergraduate, master’s and doctoral students with an unmatched educational experience that focuses on all dimensions of learning – knowledge, understanding, skills, behaviors, values and attitudes.
- Create and disseminate knowledge on important business issues through published research, innovative learning experiences and meaningful interaction with the constituents we serve.
- Serve the broader global community through the exchange of new ideas and best practices.
- Practice ethical leadership by managing our resources effectively, efficiently and responsibly.
- Foster a culture of excellence, collaboration, inclusion and respect for diverse backgrounds and ideas.
- Assess and reflect upon the attainment of our goals, resulting in continuous improvement of our practices.