We are pleased to invite submissions for the HERMES workshop on “Entrepreneurship as an Engine for Sustainable Growth” at the 18th International Conference on Business Excellence. This section aims to explore the multifaceted role of entrepreneurship in fostering sustainable growth, addressing challenges, and unlocking opportunities for businesses, economies, and societies.
The HERMES network was founded in November 1997 as an initiative of the Ecole de Management Strasbourg (former IECS) of the Robert Schuman University in Strasbourg. Three years later, on the 31st of March 2000, the HERMES Charter was voted on by the General Assembly in a ceremony at the European Parliament. Bucharest University of Economic Studies is part of this network since 2012.
The workshop aims to train a new generation of creative, entrepreneurial, and innovative early-stage researchers, able to face current and future challenges in organizations. It also aims to convert knowledge and ideas into products and services for economic and social benefit.
This event will develop research opportunities for the doctoral students of the HERMES network, extending the traditional academic research training setting, incorporating elements of digitalization and equipping researchers with the right combination of research-related and transferable competences. It will provide enhanced career perspectives in both the academic and non-academic sectors through international, interdisciplinary and intersectoral mobility combined with an innovation-oriented mind-set.
Entrepreneurship plays a pivotal role in shaping the trajectory of businesses and economies, and its impact on sustainability is increasingly crucial in the contemporary landscape. We welcome papers that delve into various aspects of entrepreneurship, sustainable development, and their intersection.
Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Examining the practices and strategies of entrepreneurs committed to environmental, social, and economic sustainability.
- Investigating innovative business models that contribute to both economic growth and environmental/social sustainability.
- Analyzing the role of technology and digitalization in fostering sustainable entrepreneurship.
- Exploring how social entrepreneurs address societal challenges through innovative solutions.
- Exploring the relationship between regulatory environments and entrepreneurial activity.
- Assessing the role of financial institutions and impact investors in supporting sustainable ventures.
- Examining how CSR initiatives align with entrepreneurial activities to create shared value.
Please submit your contributions through the conference submission system, indicating the section “Entrepreneurship as an Engine for Sustainable Growth”. We look forward to a vibrant and insightful discussion on the crucial role of entrepreneurship in driving sustainable growth.
More info: firstname.lastname@example.org